short eared owl - Thorpe Marshes

short eared owl - Thorpe Marshes

Wednesday 27 April 2011

Painting fences brings a surprising visiter !

I spent the afternoon helping my father inlaw paint his fences . As we got cracking I managed to jot down a garden list. Other then the usual shrub birds I was pleasantly accompanied by a singing male Goldcrest! Not the rarest of birds I know but Ive not seen one in a garden before so to just sit back and drink a beer in the comfort of our own garden while watching this tiny , crazy hair do of a bird was a real treat . After a few more fences painted we sat and had dinner- who should appear above us .... Goldcrest , but this time not 1 but 2 , male and female . I studied them for a while and saw them both disappear to the neighbours conifer tree . I hope to keep an eye on this pair over the coming weeks and hope to possibly see young? Any way the fences are done for another few years and my father inlaw has a new garden tick !
Shaky

No comments:

Post a Comment