short eared owl - Thorpe Marshes

short eared owl - Thorpe Marshes

Sunday 10 November 2013

Update .........

Three good birds spotted in this past 2 weeks- Firstly a trip to lynford in hope of a 2 barred crossbill and hawfinch. Well I got the hawfinch fairly quickly, in fact two of them . Out on a bare branch which made for super viewing !


Then a scan through a small flock of 7x crossbills which showed a possible 2 barred but for me it was lacking the correct ID so I discarded it only to see that some are actually saying this is in fact the reported male 2 bar. I'm personally gonna leave this one and wait for another one to appear that i feel more confident in and tick able
 The other nice experience is seeing & hearing that true winter flight call of the Pink footed goose. A flock of 80+ over my house while me and George left for fathers stay & play class( a class consisting of dads all chatting and kids running around with brushes full of paint !) this Saturday.
Me and George just starred up as they made there way, noisely over head heading north west. Only my 2nd house tick of this species . Other then plenty of more goose flocks overhead while at work its been pretty quiet.
Happy birding
 Shaky

No comments:

Post a Comment