short eared owl - Thorpe Marshes

short eared owl - Thorpe Marshes

Friday 18 October 2013

Back to the patch!

Quick visit to the patch in hope of something "special" to be in among the tit  flocks. I picked up 2 x Gt. spotted woodpeckers as I made my way to the marshes and a calling Cettis . As I scan the marsh scrape which now has some water on it I heard that all familer autumn call over head of a Redwing. Not just one but 75 and as they head east bound they turned back towards the march and dropped in among the trees and along the railway track. 
Nothing much on the marsh other then a single common Snipe and a flushed Meadow pipit. 
I decided bungalow lane was worth a walk with a better chance of a tit flock . I eventually found a tit flock but nothing of note was in there. As I walked up further I heard the crows kickin off- Common Buzzard was the reason . It came over very low and showed some nice markings, juvenile I think. 
Other then a few more Redwings and 2x  Fieldfare over , and a total of 2 more Cettis that was that!
Happy birding ,
 Shaky 

No comments:

Post a Comment