short eared owl - Thorpe Marshes

short eared owl - Thorpe Marshes

Friday 11 April 2014

Back at the patch

Trip to the patch was as usual a rewarding one
From the bridge i had 3 x common buzzards overhead in the blue sky along with a hunting kestrel along the broad edge
Then as I made by way to the marsh scrape I saw a male marsh harrier come over the river and heading towards where I stood. It came right over me , landing for a half a minute in a small tree along the railway line. I got myself ready for a picture but it took off and slowly made its way towards bungalow lane and then over  west wards. My first marsh harrier here since last summer so a glorious sight! Then a Marsh tit called away near by. I tried but failed to see it so that 100 th patch tick is going to wait .
Just a few lapwings on the shingle spit along with the usual
But a nice pair of linnets in the trees was a nice sight. singing away too while later seen on top of some scrub. Hopefully a potential breeding pair. My visit ended with a cracking view of a Cetti's warbler singing away and a cracking swimming Water Vole , only my 4 th ever sighting since watching the patch so a real treat.
 Luvly jubly as our favourite  rogue trader would say.
Happy birding
Shaky 

No comments:

Post a Comment