short eared owl - Thorpe Marshes

short eared owl - Thorpe Marshes

Wednesday 23 January 2013

Another trip to the "all white" Patch..


 As I approached the little mooring area I checked the frozen dyke and saw among the edge was a Water Rail. I watched as it went about its business out in the open, and it wasn't long before I saw another , this time it ran along the frozen water in front of me - I had now seen as many Water Rails as I had seen all last year here- super !
  A rather nice Tit flock contained 9x Great Tits and a single Blue Tit , a case of looking in numbers.
The broad held much the same as yesterday but in addition a single wigeon resting on  the shingle spit along with some Teal ,was a good patch tick for here.
As i walked round towards the marshes i picked up 2x Reed Buntings (first for me in this particular month) & yet another Water Rail!This one was just asking to be pictured, so i did:


Water Rail


a very frozen Marsh scrape
 
As i left ,walking past the frozen marsh scrape i flushed up a single Redwing &
 2x Fieldfare-Luvly jubly!

 Happy birding
 Shaky 

No comments:

Post a Comment