short eared owl - Thorpe Marshes

short eared owl - Thorpe Marshes

Monday 11 June 2012

Patch tick

  Saturday evening i nipped down to the patch with the sun shining after a miserable morning.I had Cettis at the bridge and then was greeted at the footpath by a reeling Grasshopper Warbler.

Grasshopper Warbler reeling

Grasshopper Warbler

 Super, cracking views of it out in open ( this was my best ever views of this species) also lrp on scrape and a low flying cuckoo over the marsh path. But star bird for me was a hunting Barn owl which was a patch tick for me and bringing my total for here to 94 !
LRP

 It was a Beautiful evening and ended of with a Cettis out on show at the bridge as i left- lovely jubly!

Sun breaking through the clouds over Thorpe/Station  Marshes

Happy birding,
 Shaky

No comments:

Post a Comment