short eared owl - Thorpe Marshes

short eared owl - Thorpe Marshes

Friday 30 March 2012

Busy week but a quick trip to the patch brings a smile to me face....

 Yes a hectic weeks work meant only a quick lunch break mid week and an after work visit today.
  Wednesday brought  3x Chiffchaffs and 2x Cettis singing, along with some argie bargie on the spit from the Oystercatchers showing off  to one another, along with 9x Stock Doves and 3x Common Snipe.
 This afternoon was a flying visit to the patch ,although i was tempted to catch up on the Garganey at Surlingham but i positively thought i may have one waiting for me here! I was greeted by a calling Lrp as i made my way along the bridge,over the marsh.I got there in time to see it land and then quickly take to air again but this time doing a different call , a display call(i the checked when i got home to be sure ).I tried to see if there were another on the marsh but with little time i had to leave. I was proper chuffed to see it again and hopefully it will be there when i return next week.Also of note was 2x Oystercatchers, 2x Chiffchaffs and 2x Cettis . Lovely jubly.
Little ringed plover

Stock Dove




 Happy birding,
  Shaky

No comments:

Post a Comment