short eared owl - Thorpe Marshes

short eared owl - Thorpe Marshes

Tuesday 7 April 2015

March patch round up


So I've been a bit slack lately with updating my blog so here's a quick round up :
a number of visits and highlights being -
6.3.15 : flock of Golden plover over (patch tick!)& a nice hunting Barn owl,
13.3.15- a Gooseander, & a nice Ringed plover heading east over broad.(also another patch tick)
19.3.15 -a flock of 36x Redwings ,5x Oystercatchers( my record count here) &2x Water Rails . My first Chiffchaff of the year was heard along with another & a flock of 13x Long tail tits held a single Goldcrest.
23.3.15- 31x Common gulls (again a record count here for me) and my first Reed Bunting of the year calling.
Finally a Aprils fools visit with Joe( nice to meet yeh!) produced little but noticeably the wildfowl numbers were now down to what I expected, 26x Teal, 6x gadwall & 4x Teal
All on all a good month considering precious years for this month
Happy birding
Shaky

No comments:

Post a Comment