short eared owl - Thorpe Marshes

short eared owl - Thorpe Marshes

Thursday 9 April 2015

The Brecks part 1

 I had decided that I needed to get to the Brecks more then just the two visits I did last year and so last week I went for the Great grey shrike but before that I headed to Lynford . It was near mid day and on arrival I meet up with Joe and Will( nice to meet yeh fella!) and immediately checked out the area where the Hawfinch have been feeding on the ground . No joy but did have cracking views of Brambling & Siskin.


 
Siskin
 


The day quickly got Better as in the pines near the Folly we had 3x Firecrest!  One even going to ground and giving the best views I've personally ever had of this species. After enjoying these super little busy birds we decided we would head to Grimmes Graves. On arrival we saw David [nice to meet yeh],a  fella we had been chatting to earlier and we all set up scanning the bush tops  & trees. Will soon picked up the Great Grey Shrike and we were given superb views. A real stunner




Great Grey Shrike

 You gotta just love the Brecks,
 Happy Birding,
 Shaky

No comments:

Post a Comment