short eared owl - Thorpe Marshes

short eared owl - Thorpe Marshes

Tuesday 3 February 2015

Patch visit-2 more year ticks

So a trip to the patch and 2 more year ticks. Firstly a flock of around 15 finches were regularly flying over the pathways as I made by way to the broad. They eventually Landed and my first Thought was that they were a mix of Linnets & Gold finches but in fact no linnets at all but 6x Redpolls. I was wondering if I was ever going to get on this species this winter and was pleased to have good views of them in the cold sunshine .  The broad was full of wildfowl as it was last week. Must be getting close to 100 teal there now& as I continued scanning I picked up my 2nd year tick appeared....a pair of shovelers.
On the shingle was 18x Lapwings and the ever present Chinese water deer was lurking around the marsh.
Overhead  the gulls were covering the  sky ,heading to roost and I decided I best be off too!
Happy birding
Shaky

No comments:

Post a Comment