short eared owl - Thorpe Marshes

short eared owl - Thorpe Marshes

Monday 14 April 2014

Weekend driving is ace!

Yes that's right u did read correct, driving in the glorious sunshine is great, that is when u pick the birds up me and the family did. Well actually me & the misses as the little ones were tired out from playing in the pub garden!
First sightings was the regular pair of Stock Doves over Newmarket road and a mobbed Grey Heron over Limetree ave. At stoke I picked a beautiful feeding female Bullfinch as I stopped at a junction and then my first Swallow of the year at some Barns.  Then to as I got off the A47 a total of 6x Common Buzzards over head ( my second biggest count of this species ) . My last bird of the drive was again around dunston where a Kingfisher flew across the road and down into the stream . Beautiful day with some top pub grub , great play with the family and finished off  some cracking sightings , In a word....Pukka!
Happy birding,
Shaky

No comments:

Post a Comment