short eared owl - Thorpe Marshes

short eared owl - Thorpe Marshes

Tuesday 14 June 2011

Roller!!!

  Really can't describe how excited I was to see Roller had turned up yesterday, down at Upper Hollesbey ,Suffolk . But my excitement was soon replaced by doubt as I know from what I've red before these fellas don't hang around . So I set off straight away ! Once I found the MOD entrance I wondered how far I had to keep going ? Well I didn't need to look no further as there was just a continuous line of parked cars (some not so straight but probably the last thing people were worried about was straight parking as there was a Roller in the area & every second counts!).
 I looked in the direction of where all the scopes were facing and Bingo....a Roller! Such a exotic & stunning bird. I just couldn't stop making comments on it out loud (much to the birders amusement around me!). I got chatting to a few birders and we all had  to agree this was worth any sicky that was thrown or little lie that had been told to see this beauty!
Here's a few ok pictures I digi scoped but they don't come near to what a stunning bird this is to see with the eye.

Roller(233) What a Cracker!


Roller (233)


1 comment:

  1. Roll with it shaky boy... nice one son!!!

    ReplyDelete