short eared owl - Thorpe Marshes

short eared owl - Thorpe Marshes

Tuesday 17 January 2012

Waxwings!!

 Its that time of the year again when find myself  i nipping down after work to KFC on Dereham Road (no not for my yearly greasy treat !) to catch up with our Scandinavian friends the beautiful Waxwings!
 They were sitting in the tree tops as they were last year and the year before.  I counted 32 in total and they were going about there business of tucking into the juicy berries below.There stunning detail showed up well in the bright sun.
Waxwings

After a while i turned my attention to the flock of Redwings in trees nearby.I counted 64 in total and although the Waxwings are the main attraction here ,on any other day these chaps would have all my divided attention!
Redwing

A nice end to a cold days work,

 Happy Birding,
   Shaky

No comments:

Post a Comment